Sunday, October 16, 2005

More Global Warming Hokum

Incidentally, the reason I mentioned global warming is that I've been wondering about it lately. My father's a lobsterman in Maine and they've had two or three disasterous years in a row now. Nobody's catching much of anything. He keeps telling me that they're all trying to figure out what it is. So, I've been wondering if it's that- lobsters will move North to colder waters if they have to. And, if that's the case, it will mean that a lot of fishermen will have to move too- or give up their livelihoods. My father is a big skeptic when it comes to global warming; he says that they told him in school that the country would be flooded by 1990! But, again, the evidence that some sort of warming is going on seems to be mounting.

No comments: